The Ultimate Guide to Skin Care I Visage Laser and Skin Care Center I Anaheim CA I USA
At Visage Laser and Skin Care, we believe great skin care starts from the inside out. This is our ultimate guide to ensure everyone has beautiful and healthy skin all year around. We will give you the ultimate skin care guide, tips, secrets and routines to maintain and fulfill that healthy skin you’ve always yearned for.
Step 1: Identify your skin type
Which skin type do I fall under?
• Balanced (neither dry nor oily)
• Smooth surface
• Dry in some areas, oily in others
• Breaks out easily
• Irritated easily
• Occasional enlarged pores
• Shiny, greasy appearance
• May have enlarged pores
• Prone to redness, pimples and blackheads
• No dry patches
• Flaky, dry skin surface
• Fine lines may develop easily
• Pores barely visible
• Skin easily irritated
• Not actually a type, but a common skin condition
• May sting, burn or itch
• Reactive and easily irritated
• Blush or flush easily
Once you identify your skin type this will allow you to understand what products you should be using and what treatments are best to maintain a healthy glow.
How do I treat combination skin?
1. Use a gentle skin cleanser. The key word here is “gentle”. We do not want to overdo it with cleansing the face. Washing once in the morning and once in the evening for about 30-60 seconds will do the trick. Tip: Don’t over scrub.
2. Exfoliate the skin once a week to remove dead skin cells and impurities from the top layer of the skin. Trial and error is a key component to make sure you are not over doing it. Since combination skin is the issue it’s best to use a facial sponge to exfoliate. Tip: Be cautions when exfoliating, be gentle.
3. Apply a moisturizer, even though you may have combination skin it’s best to use a product that is oil free.
4. Too much shine on the face. It’s best to blot the face a few times a day to remove the extra oil and shine.
5. Finally, with each type of skin its best to use a SPF that has a value of 15 or higher. Using sunblock on a regular basis will help maintain that beautiful glow.
How do I treat oily skin?
1. Use a skin cleanser that contains salicylic acid, sulfur or tea tree oil. Salicylic acid helps exfoliate and unclog pores. Sulfur containing products help remove the top layer of the epidermis and peel off. Tea tree oil is beneficial due to its anti-inflammatory properties to calm down swelling and redness.
2. Use an astringent every other day. Be careful not to over use as it will dry out the skin. This will help dry out the oil from your face.
3. Exfoliate once a week. Since your skin is full of natural oil its best not to overdo it by over exfoliating.
4. Apply a face mask once a week. Look for a face mask that has a clay base to soak up the skin’s natural oils.
5. Use an oil free non-comedogenic SPF 15 or higher. The skin is already producing oil so it’s imperative that it’s oil free.
How do I treat dry skin?
1. Use a mild cleanser and never over wash your face. It’s best to wash the face once to twice a day depending on how dry your skin feels. It’s best to use cold water when washing your face to ensure that you don’t over dry it. Hot water causes the pores to open but it also extracts moisture from the skin.
2. Always use a hydrating lotion or cream. Some of the best ingredients to look for when choosing a product include jojoba oil, castor oil, glycolic acid. It’s best to use a moisturizer when your skin still isn’t completely dry to lock in the water molecules to keep you hydrated.
3. It’s best to keep a humidifier around. Cold air can remove moisture from your skin causing flaking, dryness, and dullness. A humidifier will help eliminate those damaging effects.
4. It’s best to use a sunblock that has a hydrating moisturizer built in.
How do I treat sensitive skin?
1. Use a mild cleanser and wash with warm water. If taking a shower do the same however try to keep it to a minimum of 10 minutes not to irritate the skin. Make sure the towel being used was washed with an organic detergent.
2. Avoid astringents and anything containing alcohol as this will cause irritation and damage. Use an organic toner with vitamin c, rose hibiscus, or lavender honey.
3. Use a moisturizer that is gentle, all natural, and fragrance free. When it comes to sensitive skin it’s always best to keep things as natural as possible.
4. Use an organic sunblock that is SPF 30 in value or higher.
Identifying your skin type will allow you to make the right decision when treating the skin and keeping it happy and healthy. There isn’t a universal approach when choosing the right skin care routine. At Visage Laser and Skin Care Center we have on staff skin care professionals that can help you identify your skin type.
Now that you have identified your skin type it’s imperative to maintain your skin care routine.
It’s best to follow these steps in order for your AM routine:
Here are the steps for your PM routine:
How do I cleanse?
Cleansing your face is essential to your skin care regimen. It’s best to use a cleanser that is appropriate for your skin type. Once you find your skin type then you will need to know which temperature of water should be used to cleanse the skin. A circular motion to the face is the best way to cleanse your face.
Each product has a certain way to apply the cleanser. Make sure you carefully read the instructions before applying the contents onto your face.
Why use a toner?
Many women are adding a toner to their skin care routine. When applied properly this can help enhance the glow of your skin and allow for better absorption of other products.
Of course, based on your skin type you may have to skip this step.
When should I apply the toner?
A toner is best applied right after cleansing the face. Make sure to use a clean towel to remove any unwanted debris. A toner can be applied with a face pad or sprayed directly onto the face depending on its instructions.
What is the best toner?
The best toner will always depend on your skin type. It’s always advised to see how your skin reacts to a certain product. If it irritates you or causes redness, it’s best to stay away. Once you find that toner that works for you, stick to it. Even though a new product may be on the market and it’s truly amazing does not mean it’s right for you especially if you found the right regimen. You already knows what works best for your skin type so stick to it.
Tip 1: Testing numerous products simultaneously on your face can cause irritation and delay/disrupt your skin care regimen.
Tip 2: It’s best to wash your hair as often as possible if you want a glowing complexion. Hair breeds oil and bacteria whether it’s from the products introduced to the hair or it’s caused by touching your hair then allowing it to touch the face. Once that occurs the oils get into the face that can cause acne and irritation.
Tip 3: Wash laundry as much as possible. Try not to dry your face with old wet towels carrying bacteria. Wash pillow cases as often as possible.
These few tips can help maintain the glowing skin you’ve always wanted.
Moisturize your skin daily
Why use a moisturizer?
A moisturizer greatly reduces the risk of being overly dry and reduces oil production. Having skin too oily or dry can cause irritation and acne. A moisturizer will help keep skin balanced. Here are a few issues that can occur if you don’t use a moisturizer.
• Wrinkles can develop
• Enhance the look of wrinkles
• Dull complexion
• Acne prone
• Lose a layer of protection from cold weather
• Makeup will lose the flawless effect
• Skin will itch
When should I apply a moisturizer?
Once you have identified which skin type you are will determine if you will need a moisturizer after using a toner. Remember, wash your face with a clean towel then pat dry. Then apply a dime size amount of moisturizer on your entire face, neck and décolletage.
Tip: Apply all serums, toners, SPF’s and moisturizers on the entire face, neck, and décolletage for a smooth look. This will ensure a more youthful look.
What is the best moisturizer?
The best moisturizer will be based on your skin type. Look for these ingredients when choosing a moisturizer:
• Hyaluronic Acid
• Vitamin E
• Shea Butter
• Essential Oils
Apply sunscreen daily
Tip: Always wear a sunscreen even if the weather looks dark and gloomy. The sun’s rays are still in full effect even though the sun may not be out.
Why use sunscreen?
The sun’s ultraviolet rays can cause the following:
• Fine lines
• Age Spots
• Premature aging
1. Wearing sunscreen can help decrease the effects of cancer causing rays from the sun. Melanoma is the deadliest form of skin cancer and the 4th highest type of cancer.
2. The ultra-violet rays can cause premature aging dramatically making you look older and creates a leather like texture.
3. Sunscreen helps keep your skin tone even and helps fight against dark spots and hyperpigmentation.
4. The ozone layer has been depleting meaning that the sun’s rays are stronger than ever.
5. Sunscreen comes in many different options. It can come in the form of spray, built in within makeup lines, in moisturizers, and in some serums. However the application method, it should be applied twice a day. If you’re swimming its best to apply every 1-2 hours.
When should I apply a sunscreen?
Sunscreen should be the layer applied before applying makeup. If you plan on not applying makeup and decide to go natural it will be your very last step before stepping outside.
What is the best sunscreen?
The sunscreen industry has evolved from a bottle to many other options.
• Built-in sunscreen
• Sweat or water resistant
Sprays can be very beneficial for those who are on the go however some the ingredients may differ in protection so its advised to spray on more frequently.
Some lipsticks, moisturizers, and makeup have built-in sunscreen but the amount of UV protection may be minimal so it’s advised to seek a secondary sunscreen. This type of sunscreen is perfect for people who tend to stay indoors on a daily basis.
Mineral sunscreen is perfect for those who have sensitive skin and tend to sit on the top layer of the skin rather than penetrating deep into the skin. Perfect for irritable skin.
Sweat and water resistant sunscreen is great when going outdoors and for swimming however they are not 100% water resistant. Even though this may be the case it’s best to use frequently especially when swimming. The best time to reapply would be every 1-2 hours.
Sunscreen sticks are great when you are on the go. It works great on the nose and arms.
Tip: Apply sunscreen on the nose and ears frequently as these two areas tend to be affected by cancer. Always use a SPF 15 or higher to yield the best results.
Tip 2: Apply 15 mins prior to departure to allow full penetration into the skin.
Visit Visage Laser and Skin Care to maintain your results and find the right treatment.
Now that you have your regimen solidified it’s now the best time to seek medical treatment to help maintain all your hard work. Seeking treatment can help your skin stay youthful and vibrant. There are numerous treatments that can help you achieve the results you are seeking.
Here are the treatments offered:
• Juvaderm Ultra
• Juvaderm Ultra Plus
• Juvaderm Voluma
• Juvaderm Vollure
• Juvaderm Volbella
• Laser Genesis
• Pico Genesis
• IPL Lumecca
• 3D Face
• Tattoo Removal
• Hair Removal
• Vein Removal
• Lipo Massage
• Green Apple Peel
• Pumpkin Peel
• Silk Peel
• Lactic Peel
• Beta 10
• Chocolate Hydration
• 24 Hour Facelift
• Active Natural Enzymes
• Vitamin C Oxygen
• Acne Removal
• Salicylic Acid infusion
• Hyaluronic Acid Infusion
Get enough sleep
When you don’t receive enough sleep cortisol aka the stress hormones causes the skin to be dull, dry, and irritated. Getting a good night’s rest can mean the difference between healthy and unhealthy skin.
Drink plenty of water
The human body is made up of water. When we drink more water we help flush away toxins that will improve our skin’s complexion.
Eat plenty fruits and vegetables
Doctors have been advising to all your fruits and vegetables. The fiber and nutrients can help reverse the signs of aging. Nature may hold the secret to a better and healthier complexion.
For more information about healthy looking skin, please visit www.visageskin.com or contact us at (714) 777-6625 and speak to one of our skin care specialists.
#skincare #beauty #skincareroutine #makeup #skin #antiaging #skincaretips #facial #skincareproducts #glowingskin #cosmetics #healthyskin #selfcare #natural #like #beautycare #acne #serum #love #naturalskincare #spa #kosmetik #perawatanwajah #organic #facials #esthetician #beautiful #health #vegan #bhfyp #visage #visagelaser #visagelaserandskincare #visageskin# oilyskin #skincare #dryskin #acne #skincareroutine #sensitiveskin #jerawat #beauty #healthyskin #combinationskin #skin #acnetreatment #jeragat #skincaretips #clearskin #glowingskin #naturalskincare #beautytips #oilyskincare #flawless #serum #moisturizer #facial #makeup #skincareproducts #glow #facemask #selfcare #babeau #bhfyp #botox #beauty #fillers #filler #juvederm #skincare #antiaging #aesthetics #lips #lipfillers #dysport #microneedling #restylane #prp #plasticsurgery #dermalfillers #estetica #laser #aesthetic #o #allergan #facial #lipfiller #skin #lipinjections #injectables #acidohialuronico #l #threadlift #bhfyp